4. Self love.
There are so many out there that the reason they give up on life is that they can’t live without the person they just lost or that broke their heart.
Now, I get this, I’ve been there. I made it out. What I learned? That self love is the first love you need to find. That true love is out there, but we’ll talk about that on the next post. Because, finding yourself and loving the pieces of you is a huge piece of getting to that. Without this piece, your puzzle will never be whole.
So, yes, if you don’t have love for yourself then when someone you love breaks up with you, it will feel like the end of your world. But it’s not. Sometimes it is the beginning. It’s hard, if not impossible to see when you are in the moment but it is for a good reason.
Think about it, do you really WANT to be with someone that doesn’t want to be with you? There are billions of people and the one for you is someone that returns that love, respect, and friendship.
So, if you are broken, take time to put yourself together. But without any other heart involved. This is about you. What makes you happy? What makes you fall apart? What helps put you back together? & no, it’s not that ex. Because that might be a temporary fix, but you will be the only one left to pick up even smaller pieces.
So if you are out there, broken hearted, this is my challenge for you.
- Delete his/her number. Block it if you can. Turn off your phone if you have to.
- Turn on some music, go for a hike read a book whatever helps you think. Laugh, cry. Do this on repeat until you feel a peace. Think about how much freedom you have to be you, follow your passion, do whatever in the hell you want.
- Spend time with friends, find new friends. Join a class, volunteer, host a party.
- Be you. Undeniably be you, every minute. Get out of situations that make you uncomfortable, find love for every part of you, do what you want, help those that are always there for you.
- Forgive. No matter how bad it was. Forgive him/her. Forgive yourself. & forget. Remember when you need to. But forget, enough to move on.